International Tree of Life Church History
Apostle Clement and Prophetess Alice Mbuyi are the founders of International Tree of Life Church in Frederick, Maryland. They have served as pastors for 7 years in Frederick, Maryland. In 2011, they began reaching to people through a weekly prayer line and finally in July 29, 2012, they held the first service at Emmanuel Bible Church building with just seven members. Under their leadership, our church has grown from 7 members to over 40 members.
Clement Mbuyi has been married to his wife, Alice Victoria Mbuyi, for nine years. They have three children. They both graduated the same year from Frostburg State and University of Maryland University College with a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, with concentration in healthcare and management.
Clement received Christ at age 14, and gradually served in ministry since his childhood. Clement and Alice strongly believe in the divine transformation through the scriptures and the power of the Holy Spirit to equip the saints for the work of ministry. With their experience, they have empowered members through the word of God to help them become disciples and be a source of blessing for others in the community.
Building winning leaders and champions, who will serve the kingdom to fulfill God’s purpose and destiny for his children.
We adopted a set of five commitments which reflects our core values in fulfilling our vision:
- Evangelism– Winning the lost and unbelievers (Matthew 11:28).
- Baptism – Experiencing Life Change form unbeliever to believer (Matthew 4:19).
- Deliverance – Healing of the brokenhearted, the sick, and deliverance of the captives (Luke 4:18).
- Disciple– Helping God’s people discover their calls and prepare them to service the kingdom (Matthew 4:19).
- Commission – Entering the Harvest to become disciple makers (Matthew 28:19)